LOCHCARRON MEDICAL PARTNERSHIP
FERGUSON MEDICAL CENTRE
On account of the current Corona virus (Covid-19) pandemic, we have had to change the way we do things at the Practice.
We are committed to running a safe service for both our patients and staff. The plan is to make more use of telephone consultations and possibly video consultations with Near Me.
To order your prescription please use the prescription line 01520 722661 or post your repeat slip through the letter box.
At present we are keeping the surgery door locked. To collect prescriptions, knock on the door and prescriptions will be given to you. This may change over time and for those self isolating, please contact a neighbour/friend or family to collect your prescription.
For the latest guidelines and the most up-to-date information, please go to the NHS Inform website https://www.nhsinform.scot/.
If you have a high temperature or a new continuous cough (but are otherwise reasonably well)
- Stay at home for 7 days from the day your symptoms started
- Other family or friends staying in the same household must isolate for 14 days
[If your condition worsens or you start experiencing difficulty in breathing contact the surgery or 111].
To Prevent Infection
- Hand hygiene remains the most important factor in preventing the spread of infection. Wash your hands regularly (for 20 seconds) with hot water and soap
- Use hand sanitizer gel when soap and water not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze, not your hands
- Put used tissues in the bin immediately
Social Distancing/Self Isolation
- Stay away from everyone, especially the elderly or those in the high risk group
- Stay in a room with good ventilation, opening the windows if you can
- Try to stay 2 metres away from other family members, where possible
- Try to use a separate bathroom and towels from other family members
In light of the ongoing changes, by the time this article goes to press things may well have progressed and will possibly continue to do so over the coming weeks. Please consult the NHS Inform website https://www.nhsinform.scot/.for up-to-date information.
Bird Watch While You Wait!
We have recently introduced a new bird table outside the waiting room. We are keeping a record of bird sightings and we would welcome your participation. Binoculars and bird identification guides are available for your use.
Happy Bird Watching