Clinics & Services
- Childhood Immunisation is offered to all children. These will be carried out jointly by the Practice nurse and a GP on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Influenza and Pneumococcal vaccinations are offered to all those over 65 and to those with chronic health problems.
- Minor Surgical Procedures can be carried out at the practice
- Cervical Screening is offered to women between 20 and 60 every 3 years
- Child Health Surveillance for ages 0 to 5 years is performed by the Health Visitor and the GP’s.
- Antenatal Patients are seen by Midwife Fiona Shillaker (01520 722168)
- Contraceptive Services are provided. We supply condoms free of charge.
- Screening for preventable disease is carried out routinely
- Immediate Medical Care is provided as required
- Chronic Disease Management for areas such as diabetes, asthma, high blood pressure, heart disease, warfarin monitoring, chronic lung disease etc.
All those with ongoing conditions, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, diabetes and thyroid disease, will be asked to attend during the month of their birthday for review. This will involve seeing the practice nurse first for weight and blood pressure measurement and any blood tests as needed. She will also do the asthma and COPD reviews. A follow up appointment with the GP to review the results, discuss any problems and update medication will then be made. Of course if any of these conditions are causing concern they can be reviewed on other occasions as appropriate.
Blood Tests and INRs
These will be done by the Practice nurse on Thursday and Friday mornings, (occasionally on other days due to holiday commitments) Please do not make an appointment with the doctor for these unless they absolutely have to be done on a different day.
The practice nurse will also do all the cervical smears, ear syringing and routine blood pressure checks.